I started receiving the following error after making some network changes:[code]Unable to send message to [email protected] LM_Mailer responded: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.[/code]
How I fixed it: I set my ListMessenger to use PHPmail and then edited my php.ini file. In that file there is a setting for your smtp server, it was set to localhost. I changed it to our default smtp server and it worked again.
Why: I was fiddling around with network settings and managed to break something so that computers on the local network can’t access the server via it’s name, and apparently it can’t access itself by localhost. I’m not sure why this happened but I think it has something to do with VMWare network cards stealing priority and forcing IP’s that didn’t work.