The information for setting up this iPhone app on XP with Reaper is very limited. Here is a quick guide. Continue reading…
I started receiving the following error after making some network changes:[code]Unable to send message to firstname.lastname@example.org. LM_Mailer responded: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.[/code]
How I fixed it: I set my ListMessenger to use PHPmail and then edited my php.ini file. In that file there is a setting for your smtp server, it was set to localhost. I changed it to our default smtp server and it worked again.
Why: I was fiddling around with network settings and managed to break something so that computers on the local network can’t access the server via it’s name, and apparently it can’t access itself by localhost. I’m not sure why this happened but I think it has something to do with VMWare network cards stealing priority and forcing IP’s that didn’t work.
1. Edit the file:
2. And add the following line:
3. Next you need to get your hands on the windows file ‘msgsm32.acm’ from an existing windows partition (C:/WINDOWS/system32/msgsm32.acm) and copy it to ‘~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system/’.
4. Run vent.
Note: When I transmit, I can usually only transmit until I let go of the talk key, then that’s broken for good. I can still receive audio the whole time though.
Source: endy’s post on the Ubuntu Forums
Correct your system date and time before logging on and it should stop this issue.
I had this problem because my CMOS battery isn’t working as well and my date/time resets after leaving the PC off for a while.
I accidentally installed grub and couldn’t figure out how to uninstall or override it with another boot loader. The others just weren’t working. Running fdisk /mbr didn’t work for me either. What I had to do was insert and boot the XP CD, then go to the repair console and type fixmbr. I just rebooted and it went straight into DOS like it was supposed to.
I just tried installing Acronis True Image Home 2009 and ended up having to use system restore twice now because it would disable my dynamic windows raid array I have setup on my pc after the next reboot. The only way I was able to fix the problem was to do a system restore. I’m on Vista x64 Ultimate edition.
I’m trying to solve a problem where my computer at work takes forever to become usable after logging onto windows.
Edit: For lazy people, the end result was mapped drives were slowing boot time significantly. The following tweaks helped only with the delay between logging in and seeing the taskbar.
- Using TrendMicro Security Server
- Speedup downloading large attachments in Thunderbird
- Use hMailServer to share email across a home network
- Installing ASSP with hMailServer
- Use ASSP with hMailServer
- Add ASSP multiple report buttons in Microsoft Outlook
Dealing with Problems
This is a simple PHP4 -> PHP5 error. Make sure the following is in your .htaccess file.[code]php_flag register_globals On
php_value register_long_arrays On[/code]
There are a few problems that come from moving an old install of osCommerce to a new server with PHP5 or just simply upgrading from PHP4 to PHP5. Continue reading…